Unique opportunity to purchase this 3,584 SF mixed-use property and profitable retail liquor store business in downtown Clear Spring, Washington County, Maryland.
In addition to the newly renovated liquor store, this property features 2 beautifully remodeled apartments, which are perfect as rentals or Airbnbs. Motivated sellers!
Conveniently located less than a half-mile from Interstate 70, and only 6 miles south of White Tail Ski Resort.
Profitable Retail Liquor Store – MAY BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY FROM REAL ESTATE
JJ’s Corner Liquors is a locally owned and operated full-service liquor store, with a strong customer following, offering a wide variety of domestic, imported and craft beers; a full line of bourbon, whiskey, vodka, scotch and other types of spirts; and a vast assortment of local and imported wines. Additional services include five tap growler station, lottery, cigarette sales, and more.
This newly renovated liquor store is laid out to perfection with a state of the art POS system, sales counter, ATM, coolers, shelving, display racks, and more.
Situated on the corner of US Route 40 and MD Route 68 in downtown Clear Spring, JJ’s has great visibility. In addition to street parking, there is a designated parking lot for JJ’s customers. Conveniently located less than a half-mile from Interstate 70, and only 6 miles south of White Tail Ski Resort.
YTD Gross Revenue (11/25/21): $350,595
2020 Annual Gross Revenue: $209,929
Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment: Included in the asking price (security system does not convey)
Inventory: Included in the asking price, if the business is purchased with the real estate
Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to purchase this income producing property and profitable business, in a great location, with an impressive layout and a strong customer following!!
- 168 Cumberland Street, Clear Spring, MD 21722
- Tax Map 0341, Parcel 03508
- Town of Clear Spring Zoning – Town City District (TC)
- 3,584 SF
- 1st Floor—Retail liquor store with street level access from the side
- 2nd Floor—Apartment one-bedroom, one-bath, with street level access from the back
- 3rd Floor—Apartment one-bedroom, one-bath, and attic space that may be used as an office, lounge area, and more, with access from the front
- Single family detached dwellings, including pre-fabricated (“sectional”) dwellings
- Two-family detached ("duplex") dwellings.
- Single-family attached ("townhouse") dwellings.
- Multi-family ("apartments") dwellings. (Special Exception)
- Bed and Breakfast.
- Dwelling unit in conjunction with a principal non-residential use.
- Conversion of a single-family dwelling or other building into not more than two dwelling-units, provided that the lot area per dwelling-unit and yard, building and other requirements for dwellings in the zoning district shall be reduced thereby, and further provided that no structural alteration of the building's exterior shall be made except as necessary for safety.
- Conversion of a dwelling or other structure into an apartment containing more than two dwelling-units.
- Rooming, boarding or lodging houses.
- Customary home occupations and home professional offices, provided that:
- Such occupation or office shall be conducted only by members of the immediate family residing on the premises, plus not more than two (2) non-resident employees; and
- Such occupation or office shall not occupy an area greater than 26 percent (25%) of the ground floor area of the proposed residential buildings; and
- No display of goods or storage of materials or advertising, except identification signs as provided in sub-section 707.8 shall be visible from any street or adjoining property.
- Non-commercial parking garage or parking area intended to fulfill the off-street parking requirements specified in Article 6, provided that such garage or area shall be exclusively for use by residents of nearby dwellings.
- Parks designed or intended for passive recreational or open space.
- Areas designed, equipped or intended for non-commercial active outdoor recreation, including but not limited to picnicking, field sports, tennis, swimming and the like.
- Private or membership clubs or lodges not operated commercially, or conducted primarily as a business enterprise.
- Indoor recreation facilities, including but not limited to bowling alleys, theaters, skating rinks, tennis courts and the like.
- Churches and other places of worship.
- Medical or dental offices or clinics for out-patient treatment; including accessory laboratory facilities.
- Essential utility equipment, as defined in Article 2, provided that before construction begins on any overhead electric power line of 34.5 KV or greater capacity, on any telephone trunk line including microwave facilities, or on any underground pipeline for transmission of natural gas or petroleum products, location and right-of-way plans of said lines and accessory facilities shall be submitted for the information and review of the Planning Commission. (Special Exception)
- Civic buildings, including community centers, museums, post offices, libraries, fire stations and public office buildings erected or used by Federal, State, County or municipal governments or agencies thereof, except educational buildings and uses. (Special Exception)
- Public or private elementary or middle schools.
- Business services, including: banks, credit unions, savings and loan and similar financial institutions; business and professional offices, real estate and insurance agencies; telephone central offices and switchboards.
- Convenience Store. (Special Exception)
- Clubs/Lodges (Special Exception)
- Funeral homes, mortuaries and the like.
- Greenhouses and nurseries, including sales facilities.
- Taverns and the like, subject to the requirements of the Board of License Commissioners of Washington County pursuant to Article 2B of the Annotated Code of Maryland. (Special Exception)
- Video Store.
- Agriculture, as defined in Article 2
- Signs, subject to the provisions of Article 7, including:
- Off-premises directional signs subject to Section 708.B.
- Temporary signs subject to Sections 707.D and 708.D.
- Hotels, motels, and the like.
- Printing, photographic processing, blueprinting and similar reproduction services.
- Parking lot or garage as a commercial enterprise, provided that such parking lot shall be screened by a solid wall, screen or fence at least three (3) feet high or by dense evergreen plantings of equal height. (Special Exception)
- Personal service businesses, including: barber shops, beauty salons, cold storage lockers, photography studios, repair shops for appliances, bicycles, electronic equipment guns, locks, shoes, or watches, self-service dry cleaning or Laundromats, tailoring or dressmaking.
- Restaurants and the like, except drive-in restaurants as defined in Article 2.
- Retail businesses intended primarily for neighborhood convenience shopping, including: baked goods stores, dairy products stores, food and grocery stores, fruit and vegetable stores or product stands, meat markets, and pharmacies.
- Other uses substantially similar in character and impact to uses ordinarily permitted by this Ordinance by right or by special exception within the same Zoning District. (Special Exception)
- And more...