Up to the minute information via the MacRo Report Blog
If you are looking to get caught up on what all this Charter Home Rule stuff is about, here are ten articles that will give you background on Charter Government and how the Frederick County Charter Board came to be… so “pick and click” on the valuable links below.
Much has happened in our local government, and each of the articles listed will give the reader something to contemplate.
Find out what you’ve missed from the meetings of the Frederick County’s Charter Board.
- Drafting A Constitution For Frederick
April 6, 2011 – Press release from Frederick County Charter Board.
- Special Charter Board Election could cost Taxpayers $250,000
April 6, 2011 – Press release from Frederick County Government stating that BOCC President Young opposes petition drive.
- This Charter Board has been Launched
March 30, 2011 – All Hands on Deck! This vessel is on a mission for Frederick County citizens! Summary of the first meeting.
- Debunking Assumptions and Mythology about Frederick County’s New Charter Writing Board
March 17, 2011 – Is there really a lack of diversity in the appointed charter that the petitioners who seek a referendum claim?
- Frederick County Commissioners select Charter Board
March 11, 2011 – BOCC interviews the 15 finalists and makes a selection.
- 12 Questions for Frederick County Charter Writing Board Candidates
March 8, 2011 – Here are the qualifying questions asked by the BOCC.
- Revisiting the Idea of Merging City-County Governments
February 8, 2011 – Should our two largest local governments merge together under a charter form of government?
- Charter Government: An idea whose time has come in Frederick County
September 28, 2010 – Former City of Frederick Mayor Jennifer Dougherty espouses on the virtues of Charter Home Rule.
- MacRo Report Blogger featured on The Michael K Internet TV Show
July 29, 2010 – In Video Part 3 of 5 former County Commissioner Candidate Michael Kurtianyk interviews Rocky Mackintosh on the benefits of Charter Home Rule.
- Charter, the Government of Choice for Frederick County
July 12, 2010 – Why is our community poised to have its own separate executive and legislative branches of government?
More details are available on the Frederick County Government Charter Board website.
The next meeting is tonight at 7:00 PM at Winchester Hall, 12 East Church Street, Frederick, Maryland 21701.
If you have any interest in how the government of Frederick County can and should function, get involved, tell your friends and neighbors to attend meetings, watch the broadcasts on Cable Channel 19 (FGC-TV), and/or email the members with questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please get involved and share this and other posts with friends!