Readers’ favorites in 2012 included Obamacare, the election, and real estate technology.
Happy New Year to our loyal readers of MacRo Report!
Together in 2012 we survived a contentious election, passed Charter Government in Frederick County, and weathered continued global economic malaise. We covered all of that and then some, and managed to report regularly on the state of commercial real estate in Frederick.
Our readership has steadily increased since MacRo Report was launched in 2010, and during the past year became somewhat more globalized as commercial real estate practitioners throughout the world began adopting social media as a marketing tool.
While we at MacRo have noted that many commercial real estate bloggers are catering to an audience of industry peers rather than clients, MacRo intends to stay true to its mission to report on topics that impact land and commercial real estate values in Frederick County, Maryland.
The U.S.real estate industry as a whole is cautiously optimistic that 2013 will be the best year we’ve seen in nearly a decade. MacRo Report’s writers intend to stay on the front lines to share what we hope will be good news if the recoveries in Frederick’s commercial and residential real estate markets gain traction.
In the meantime, here is a look back at the most popular MacRo Report posts of 2011, as ranked by total page views in Google Analytics. Topics include Obamacare, septic legislation, housing, local real estate deals, and real estate technology.
- Obamacare to Reap Rewards from Real Estate Sales
- Threats to Those Beautiful Days in the Neighborhood
- Septic Bill Strikes a Blow at Maryland Agricultural Land Values
- Top 5 Land Real Estate Deals in Frederick County, Maryland in 2011
- Maryland’s New Home Construction Costs about to Rise
- 6 iPad Apps that Boost Real Estate Productivity
- The Evolution of Commercial Real Estate Technology
- 5 Largest Commercial Real Estate Deals in Frederick County, Maryland in 2011
- Tracking My Missing iPad
- Frederick County’s Top Five Retail Real Property Deals of 2011
The author: Rocky Mackintosh, President, MacRo, Ltd., a Land and Commercial Real Estate firm based in Frederick, Maryland. He also writes for TheTentacle.com.