It was nine months ago that we launched the MacRo Report Blog to discuss topics relating to land, commercial real estate, industrial property, apartments and the housing market.
We also kept a sharp eye on local government actions that could impact the value of real estate for sale or for lease. This happens to be our 185th post, all of which were found by our readers on the web through various links including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, The Tentacle.com, and a number of bloggers who picked us up around the globe. We’ve received hundreds of comments – both positive and negative through all these channels.
We’ve established a readership base of over three thousand loyalists who receive our weekly Thursday update … and we always looking for more so sign up today!
As a year-end review, we thought we’d sharenine of our most active posts that put focus on the land, commercial real estate, industrial property, thehousing market, land development and building lots:
- Time to Lower Real Estate Taxes and Consolidate City, County Governments?
- Seeking a “Normal” Real Estate Market: Using Housing as the Barometer
- Industrial Real Estate Market Update
- 6 Planning Assets that Build a Local Economy
- Adding Insult to Injury: Selling Commercial Real Estate in a Down Market
- Residential Real Estate’s Future: For Better or Worse?
- Commercial Real Estate Market Update: Neighborhood Shopping Centers
- Saving Farmland with Transferable Development Rights
- 4 Sectors of Land and Commercial Real Estate: a MacRo Outlook
The blog has hosted nine terrific guest writers, for which we are very grateful. Have you noticed, it’s all about the NINES? Many thanks to:
- Donavon Corum, RLA, AICP, and LEED AP, Managing Member of Design Core Studio, LLC, a Maryland Planning and Landscape Architecture Firm.
- Thomas E. Lynch, III, Esq., principal of Miles & Stockbridge, P.A.
- Jennifer P. Dougherty, former Mayor of the City of Frederick (2001-2005) and owner/operator of Magoo’s Pub and Eatery
- Michael P. Pugh, Certified General Real Estate Appraiser with the Pugh Real Estate Group, LLC.
- David Wilkinson, Vice President, MacRo, Ltd.
- Bruce Bigelow, Senior Partner at Charitable Development Consulting
- Paul Steckel, CPA and tax partner with McLean Koehler Sparks & Hammond
- Jeremy Holder, President of the Land Use Council of the Frederick County Builders Association, and Vice President of Development with Ausherman Development Corporation II.
- Steven P. O’Farrell, MAI Appraiser and Vice President of William G. Bowen, Inc.
We look forward to a bright and exciting 2011, and wish you all the best as we close out 2010!
The author: Rocky Mackintosh, President, MacRo, Ltd., a Land and Commercial Real Estate firm based in Frederick, Maryland. He also writes for TheTentacle.com